Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I LOVE ME SOME REBA!



That's it. I am now a Country fan. I never thought it's happen. I always said, "no way, I hate that corny, twangy music". Well, I am now my very own hypocrite because I am sitting here, fresh from watching the CMAs (Country Music Awards) on TV and I have fucking tunes from such greats as Sugarland and Reba McEntire playing over in my head as I try to hum my way through the lines I don't know while making my cat hide under my bed.
Somehow the whole: shotmywifethenkickedmydogwhoranawaywiththemilkmaninmy67rustypickup-esque type music has crept into my head and placed a nice ear worm in me.

To prove this, today I spent 45 mins walking between the New Releases wall and Country in FYE (the new name for Media Play). Ended up with Ani Difranco's Canon ( a 2 disc set with all the oldies re-done and some new ones that I heard at her concert on sale for $13.99). However, I did have Reba's Duets in my hand all the way up into the check-out line when I realized...

"Carla, you are not buying a country CD, let alone a Duet one."

So, what does all this mean? Well, I have no idea. Guess it means I am growing up. I mean, you can only love Block Rockin' Beats and Uncensored Rap for so long before you realize you look like a complete ass singing along to KISS 98.5 while dressed in a business suit and driving 130 mph to work.

I am all for trying new things. So, who knows, maybe next I'll try some Christian Rock...

HELL NO!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Own it. Love it. And fuck anyone who has something to say about it. i'll give you some time, but soon we will have to veer you away from Reba and really most everyone you saw on the CMA's, and get you into the good stuff. But for now, swim in the deep end of country/pop radio. Its a great place to start. When you are ready, we will take another step...Gary Allan might be a good second step for you. Its ok Carla, i will hold your hand.