Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Across the Universe"


So, tonight I went to see "Across the Universe": Directed by Julie Taymor and stars Evan Rachel Wood and Jim Burgess (with guest appearances by Bono and Joe Cocker!). Went to the Dipson on Main St. (always a treat). Four words for you: go see this movie.

Reasons why I say this:
1. If you like music, any kind of music (Beatles fans a +). Go see this movie.
2. If you like English accents. Go see this movie.
3. If you like interpretive dance. Go see this movie

4. If you find the 60's interesting. Go see this movie.

Now, this is not my usual, independent, quirky, try-to-hard-to-not-think-too-hard, indie movie that I love. It is also highly (no pun intended) filled with "psychedelic-y" type shots and situations. But the take on almost every Beatles song transformed and transposed into a different speed or key and then completely tied to the story line AND sung completely by the cast (who, by the way, all have great voices and mimic those of Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix etc.) is spine tingling good. I got the chills throughout the whole movie.


Damn, means I have to go shave my legs again....

eh, it was worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shave your legs? why for?