Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'll Be Home For Christmas....

Well, not really home. I will be in Charlotte, NC. The place that my brother and (as of three weeks ago) my parents call home. It will be the first Christmas in about 12 years that we have spent together as a family unit.

Things I can count on:
1. Wanting to drive my Mother over a cliff.
2. Enjoying time with my Dad for , what may be, his last Christmas.
3. Again, wanting to drive my mom off a STEEP cliff.
4. Carla unpacking all of my mom's 19 closets worth of clothes while she sits and points where everything should go then throw a box at me for it being wrong.
5. See 1 & 3
6. My Brother, Dad and I escaping for hours on end so we don't have to deal with said Mother
7. Meeting my brother's girlfriend who is younger than I am. My brother is 7 years older than I am....so, you do the math.
8. After approximately 30 secs of hearing my Mother yell, wanting to drive her over a cliff.

So, I may have missed a Guilty Pleasure last week. I think it would be safe to say that it definitely would have been: MY FREEDOM-thousands of miles away.

Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to be with my father. I want to spend as much time with him as I can...

But my Mom...well, let's just say there better be "NO WIRE HANGERS!" (if you don't get that then you should kick yourself).

So, at this lovely Holiday Season. I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS.

See you all in about 10 days!

1 comment:

Erik said...

TINAAAA!

BRING ME THE AXE!

Merry Christmas :)