Sunday, December 2, 2007

Guilty Pleasure Sunday 12/2/07

I have one Guilty Pleasure for this lovely, snowy, 2nd Day of December.

Okay, I am gonna receive HUGE dung flings for this but...

Today's Guilty Pleasure is: Barbra Streisand.

I think I am secretly a young, gay man in a short, Italian girl's clothing. I can't help but listen (and LOUDLY sing along with) any tune in which I hear her Brooklyn, Jewish lungs beltin' out a vibrato at the end of a song. This may be all be due to the fact that I took a little cat nap today and woke up to 'HELLO DOLLY' on TV...on the highest volume I think my TV would go.

I mean I like her but I am not a huge fan. Its not like I have seen all of her movies, know that she removed an extra "a" from her name, her middle name is Jean, OR that I have an original B&W concert poster of her from about 30 years ago--framed and hanging in bedroom. No, not a REALLY BIG fan of her or anything. Not at all.

4 comments:

. said...

Glad you picked up the Guilty Pleasure Sunday! I think I'm one 'mo who didn't get the Streisand gene.

Sue me... :)

OH- and you have Beefy spelled Beegy in your sidebar. :) I could look like Barry Gibb, if only I had hair...

Anonymous said...

can we please please please make out?

Anonymous said...

I don’t know what’s worse, that I’m checking out your blog or that I’m actually writing on it

Anonymous said...

My favorite Streisand songs are from her Christmas album. I literally have a Christmas movie of little 8 year old Bridgette with no front teeth singing the fast version of Jingle Bells. "And then we got upsot. Upsot?"