Sunday, January 13, 2008

Guilty Pleasure Sunday 1/13/08


Well, it is a new year and time for a new installment of GP Sunday.

Today my GP is not really something I feel guilty for liking. However, I do feel guilty for those close to me who have to hear this over and over and over....

I have been introduced to this up-n-coming singer: Ingrid Michaelson.
You may have heard her in-famous song over and over from the IPOD or Gap Commercial (I don't know, they all start to blur into one big race for introducing the youngins to some indie singer and have them race to download and memorize all of their music); "The Way I Am". Or you may have heard her soft voice on some old Grey's Anatomy episode.

Guess I feel into the clever marketing geniuses who put her on there because I have become a huge fan.

Doesn't really matter. She is incredible and has pin-pointed some great emotions to music.

Particularly a few:
"Morning Lullabies"
"The Way I Am"
and Today's most listened to: "Keep Breathing".

Click Here to get a taste....run, don't walk.

Among her, I have become obsessed with Sara Bareilles ("Love Song") and even downloaded (Thanks LIMEWIRE) Kate Nash. All great little folk-ish, indie type songs with a melancholy undertone to most songs.

Talked to Dad today. He is fading and fading. Sometimes it seems with the minutes.
I guess all I can do is just keep breathing...

The storm is coming but I don't mind.
People are dying, I close my blinds.

All that i know is I'm breathing now.

I want to change the world...instead I sleep.
I want to believe in more than you and me.

But all that I know is I'm breathing.
All i can do is keep breathing.
All we can do is keep breathing now.

All that I know is I'm breathing.
All I can do is keep breathing.
All we can do is keep breathing now.

All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing.
All we can do is keep breathing now.

1 comment:

. said...

Keep your chin up, kid. And you're right- just breathe...